Kovalam is a magnificent beach location in Thiruvananthapuram district which is very popular among the foreign travelers. Its blissful isolated environment and the golden sandy shore which sandwiched between the blue waters of the Arabian Sea and the lush green towering palm groves make it a wonderful place to hang out. The black rocky cliffs near the shore are very pleasing to the eyes.
Holidaymakers who visit this beach are entertained with limitless adventure and leisure activities like kayaking, surfing, water skiing, catamaran cruising and many more. The beach complex itself is a haven for tourists. Shopping zones, swimming pools, Ayurvedic health resorts, convention facilities, Yoga and Ayurvedic massage centres and a lot of budget cottages call the attention of tourists visiting the Kovalam Beach. The sunrise and sunset views from this beautiful beach location are awesomely outstanding.
- Kovalam came into limelight when the Queen of Travancore Maharani Sethu Lakshmi Bai constructed her beach resort at a rock top near the beach, known as Halcyon Castle.
- Kovalam has gained recognition as an international tourist destination since the 1930s.
- Kovalam offers a shallow natural bay which is ideal to take a quick dive.
- The endless rows of coconut trees along the nearby shores is a visual treat as well as offers a soothing atmosphere.
- Due to the presence of mineral sands, the beach sand of Kovalam is partially black.
- Sporadic formations of coral reefs are seen near the coast.
- The massive rocky promontory is another highlight of Kovalam Beach.
Things to Do:
- Ayurveda Massage.
- Water sports.
- Catamaran cruising.
- Water skiing.
Way to Reach:
Thiruvananthapuram International Airport is the nearest airport to Kovalam Beach which is located at a distance of 15 Km. On arrival at the airport, you can either hire a cab or board a bus to reach Kovalam Beach.
Thiruvananthapuram Central Railway Station is the nearest railway station to Kovalam Beach which is located at a distance of 13.4 Km. On arrival at the railway station, you can either hire a cab or board a bus to reach Kovalam Beach.
Thiruvananthapuram Bus Station is the nearest bus station to Kovalam Beach which is located at a distance of 14.6 Km.
Visit keralatoursim.holiday to know more about Kovalam and other tourist places in Kerala.